The Chicago Yacht Club Foundation promotes awareness and appreciation of the nautical arts and traditions to the Chicagoland community through education, activities and the support of like-minded charitable organizations. That’s been our mission since the CYCF was founded in 1990.
You can help the CYC Foundation help others by making a tax-deductible donation to the CYC Foundation in any of the following ways.
- Cash: Send a check to Chicago Yacht Club Foundation,
400 East Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois
- Credit Card: Click here to make a donation using your credit card through Pay Pal. Please
note you do not need to log into Pay Pal to make a payment. Look to the lower
left side for the credit card option.
- Stocks or Bonds
- Donated Surplus Nautical Items: Items Donations of surplus nautical items should be directed to nauticaldonations.org. The Foundation will consider receiving property, such as boats, if the donor understands these items will most likely be sold shortly following receipt and must be accompanied by proper transfer documentation. The Foundation will use the proceeds of such sales to help fund its programs.
- Estate Planning: If you wish to leave a legacy with the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation, please consult with your tax or estate planner. While the Foundation does not provide tax or legal advice, we can assist you or your designee in the process of donating to the Foundation.
- Amazon Smile: The Foundation is registered with Amazon Smile, which gives designated
non-profits a 0.5 percent return on purchases made by Amazon customers
registered in the program. You can help by simply registering in the program at
smile.amazon.com. Each time you want to purchase something through Amazon, go
to smile.amazon.com rather than the
traditional amazon.com. If you are an Amazon Prime member, your benefits will
not be affected.
All Contributions to the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation are deductible for federal income tax purposes to the full extent provided by law and will be acknowledged with a receipt for tax purposes.
The Foundation will provide all documentation of the gift to help the donor maintain necessary records and tax filings. The Foundation is happy to review any proposed donation to make sure gifts fit with the donor’s and the Foundation’s needs.
Donations of $5,000 or more will be recognized and appropriately honored
on the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation Benefactor Plaque, which is prominently
displayed at both the Monroe and Belmont stations. These levels include:
Admiral at $25,000 or more; Captain at $10,000 or more; Commander at $5,000 or
more. You don’t have to contribute at the honor roll level to help make a
difference. Each donation, no matter what level, help the Foundation continue
You shop. Amazon gives.
To CYC Foundation Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you designate the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation.When you shop, log in to smile.amazon.com.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service
Support the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation at the 2019 Chicago Regatta
Past Commodore & President of the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation Gerald Bober takes a moment to meet with Union League Boys & Girls Clubs Club One Director of Pilsen Anastasia Hernandez and student Jazmin who recently got a chance to participate in the Adventure Boating program! Jazmin and fellow students learned how to sail as well as important tips on protecting our beautiful Lake! Your donation to the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation provides students like Jazmin with scholarships to many of these wonderful programs, such as the Inland Seas Voyage, Adventure Boating, Cruises with the Chicago Yacht Club, Sea Scouts, and many more. We are very excited to see many of you on Saturday, September 14th for the Chicago Regatta and hope that you will consider making a donation to the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation.
If you are interested in supporting the Chicago Yacht Club Foundation but do not have a PayPal, please click the button below.